Thursday 12 May 2011

12/05/11

I got the help of hannah and Sarah L and made a frame out of pine wood for the inside of my table as it wouldnt of had much stability without it and I nailed it on remembering to leave a 6mm gap at each end of the frame. I then nailed the other two ends two it.
After this I put wood glue accross the top and lined the 6x3 top with it. We then nailed this on making the top of the table.
Once this was complete I got some timber and marked out 35 inches on them and cut out four pieces. Hannah helped hold it straight and I screwed it into each of the corners underneath.
After putting it upright we found that it was a bit too tall for a person to sit at so we unscrewed the legs again with the intention of taking off another 5 inches in the morning and screwing it back in which should complete the table ready for painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment