Tuesday 24 May 2011

24/05/11

We finished the painting and woodwork so we moved the furniture into gregors room and put it all in place along with some props.
After the carpet in the living room was complete we moved the large furniture into place in there as well.
We then looked at our props list to see what else needed getting. As I was going to bluewater anyway I said I'd get some of the remaining props if I could find them at a decent price.

While there I was able to get the majority of the props on my list:
  • Red Apples (x8)
  • A Loaf of uncut bread
  • Table Cloth - I couldnt find an actual lace table cloth as they've discontinued them and now sell cotten ones which look far too modern. I went to the fabric section of JOhn Lewis instead and found a floral lace fabric that could be used to make the right type of table cloth. I have to hem the width but it should do nicely.
  • Candles (x6) (which I'll make look used tomorrow and distress one for gregors room)
  • Flowers (which will look as if they are nearly dead by thursday) - I chose a bunch of pink and white roses which look as if they'll suit the living room really well and with the wilting will follow the theme of gregor's room influencing various items in the living room.
Also I'm going to have some ham by tomorrow.
I couldnt find picture hooks at bluewater but i've actually got quite a few at home so I'll be able to bring them in
The only prop I couldnt find was the fire place set tools. None of the shops seemed to have anything relevent and anything close was extremely expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment