Friday 20 May 2011

19/02/11

I put a final touch on my dining room table as we learnt more about varnishes and finishes on tuesday. I dabbed watered down black paint in patches along the sides and wiped them off again to five the table an aged effect which I think came out looking quite nice.



When I was free I helped Adam make the wood panels for the living room side of the double doors.
Adam, Stuart and I then spent the rest of the day distressing the doors. We used various tools such as saws, files, chillsels, hammers etc. To grain the wood clearly on both sides. Once both sides were complete we began to put deeper gashes on the Gregor's room side to follow the rooms monstrous theme.



While we were doing this the walls and floors for Gregor's room were finalised making the contrast between living room and bedroom more prominent than it had been before.

No comments:

Post a Comment